Now accepting applications for:
- Finance Director
The Kansas Democratic Party is seeking an experienced, organized, and motivated Finance Director to continue to build the Party’s financial infrastructure as we move into the 2018 cycle. The Finance Director will work closely with the Executive Director and Chair to create and manage the State Party’s financial and donor management operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in financial planning, call time management, online fundraising, donor research/CRM management, and event planning. The Finance Director reports to the Executive Director.
This position is based in Topeka, KS and is highly collaborative and crucial to the Kansas Democratic Party achieving its mission of electing Democrats at all levels in 2018.
Finance Director Position Responsibilities Include:
- Working with the Executive Director to create and implement a finance plan for the Party that outlines financial needs and develops new and existing revenue streams
- Managing, planning and executing events of various sizes such as the annual Washington Days Convention and annual Demofest Convention, along with all other events relating to fundraising, finance trainings, and all-staff events
- Maintaining and ensuring accuracy of CRM Database and conducting research on potential new contributors
- Scheduling and staffing call time for Party leadership and Executive Director
- Working with the Executive Director to ensure cash flow and budget projections are met
- Being a resource for elected officials, candidates and County Central Committees on fundraising strategy and reporting
- Managing donor acknowledgement, including timely thank you letters and recognition at events
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two to three years of related finance experience in a Director or Deputy Director role on political campaign, for a state party or national committee, or for a non-profit organization
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including attention to detail
- Event management experience
- Understanding of federal election law and the relationship between federal and non-federal funds
- Ability to quickly become an expert in Kansas election law
- Knowledge of NGP and Direct Connect are required, PT financial preferred
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends, as needed
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please list “Finance Director” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Kansas Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace.
The Kansas Democratic Party is dedicated to achieving equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.