July 21, 2021
ICYMI: SIX MONTHS LATER, KANSAS IS BUILDING BACK BETTER THANKS TO PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN
Topeka, KS — Yesterday marked the six month anniversary of President Joe Biden taking the office of the presidency, and thanks to his historic agenda, Democrats are delivering for American families and building our country back better than ever.
With checks in pockets, shots in arms, and huge middle-class tax cuts, hardworking American families are optimistic about the future and overwhelmingly support the President’s plans to continue building America back, with over 60% of Americans approving of President Biden’s job in office after his first six months.
“After just six months in office, economic growth is up, unemployment is down, and America is roaring back thanks to President Biden’s leadership. With checks in pockets, shots in arms, and huge middle-class tax cuts, President Biden is delivering on his promises to the American people.
“Despite Republicans’ best efforts to block progress, Democrats are going to continue tackling the issues Americans care most about — from rebuilding America’s transportation infrastructure, reducing the cost of child care, to protecting the sacred right to vote.” – KDP Chairwoman Vicki Hiatt.
Here’s a look at just a few of President Biden and Democrats’ accomplishments since taking office:
- COVID-19: The Biden administration has administered more than 315 million shots, a feat that has helped cut COVID-19 deaths by 92 percent since January.
- Tax Cuts: President Biden cut taxes for middle-class families with children, so that eligible families are now receiving up to a $3,600 tax credit per child.
- American Rescue Plan: President Biden and Democrats passed the American Rescue Plan to help fund vaccine deployment and economic rescue payments, which many called “the most significant legislation” in a generation. Experts say it will cut child poverty in half by next year.
- Checks: The Biden administration has delivered $1,400 checks to more than 169 million Americans.
- Jobs: The U.S. economy added more than three million jobs since President Biden took office, going from creating 60,000 jobs per month to 60,000 jobs every three days. 2021 is expected to be the strongest year for the economy in possibly seven decades.
- Infrastructure: President Biden and Democrats worked across the aisle and delivered on a campaign promise to secure a historic infrastructure deal that if passed, will create good-paying union jobs and position the United States to win the 21st century.
- Health Care: The Biden administration cut premiums for those who get health coverage from the Affordable Care Act; four in five now can get plans for $10/month. More than two million people have signed up for coverage during special enrollment.
Paid for by the Kansas Democratic Party, Yolanda Taylor, Treasurer
Kansas Democratic Party
501 SE Jefferson St
Topeka, KS 66607