Aug. 16, 2017
HIRING: Operations and Deputy Finance Director
NOTICE: This position has been filled.
Topeka, KS – The Operations and Deputy Finance Director will have a cross-cutting range of responsibilities and be an important member of the Kansas Democratic Party’s staff. With respect to Operations, the selected candidate will be responsible for duties such as managing the Party’s relationship with outside vendors (IT, suppliers, etc.), ordering office supplies, answering phones, working with interns, and generally ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning of the office. Although it will vary from week-to-week, performance of these duties will typically take up between ¼ – ⅓ of the staff member’s time.
The bulk of the staff member’s time will be spent as Deputy Finance Director, working closely with the Finance Director and other party staff to assist in the creation and execution of the State Party’s finance plan. The preferred candidate will have experience in call time management, donor outreach, event planning and targeting, online fundraising, strong organizational skills, and a desire to learn.
Deputy Finance position responsibilities include:
- Manage the State Party’s recurring donor program (Blue Kansas Club).
- Cultivate new donors, acquire emails, create and execute Blue Kansas Club events.
- Maintain positive donor relationships.
- Thank you letters, update credit card information, etc.
- Prepare and execute quarterly mail solicitations.
- Manage call time with party officers, executive director, and elected officials as necessary.
- Donor research/targeting, follow up, data entry, etc.
- Work with Finance Director to plan and staff small dollar fundraisers.
- Work with Finance Director and digital firms to plan and execute donor outreach through email and social media.
- Work with Finance Director on filing disclosure reports, managing relationship with financial institutions, and employee paperwork and payroll.
This is a full time position based at the Kansas Democratic Party Headquarters in Topeka, Kansas. Weekend and evening hours as needed for events, travel, and project deadlines. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Interested persons should send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject: “Operations and Deputy Finance Director.” Applications will be accepted until 5pm on September 1.
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with the Kansas Democratic Party because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic status or disability.